Before you confirm your new employee’s start date, make sure all the correct documents are in place. Your new starter won’t be able to take up their job otherwise.
Once the Resourcing team has confirmation from you that the candidate has accepted your verbal offer, they will follow up with them to confirm starting salary and send out the conditional offer email. They will also take up references, request their bank details, a photo for their building pass and ask them to complete a Fit4Jobs occupational health questionnaire.
You need to send the following documents to the Resourcing team:
- Copies of the successful candidate’s relevant Proof of Right to Work documents (take them at the interview), signed and dated by you with this statement: 'The date on which this right to work check was made was (date) signed (signature and print name)'. Click here for more information on Right to Work documents and checks.
- Qualification certificates, signed by you (if essential for the role)
- Interview notes for the successful candidate
- Any safeguarding interview notes for a DBS role
For some roles, the Resourcing team will also:
- Undertake checks
- Request to see proof of driving license and the car insurance cover
- Proof of Covid-19 vaccination