Many kinds of training and learning are available here at the council to build your skills and help you develop as an individual and a professional.
The Learning Hub is the place where you can access all of our online learning, video content and face-to-face training.
Here you can easily easy access:
- A catalogue of all our training resources
- A calendar of upcoming training and events
- Useful links to external training resources
Click here to go to Learning Hub
As an employee, there is a range of essential information that you need to know about the council, including some key policies and your part in meeting and maintaining Buckinghamshire Council standards.
There are two mandatory learning programmes that you need to keep up to date. Click here to see Mandatory training
If you’ve just started with us, you’ll need to carry out some specific training. Your manager will guide you to the learning that you will need to do to help get you up to speed in your new role.
‘Being a Buckinghamshire Manager’ is our leadership development programme for all managers. Find out more about the programme, including the Manager Essentials (what you need to know as a manager) and the LEADER framework (behaviours we expect of you as a manager).
Click here to go to Buckinghamshire Manager category on Learning Hub, where you'll find curated learning content that supports the Being a Buckinghamshire Manager programme.
Discover our Management apprenticeships which range from supervisor to senior manager levels, and are enrolling all year round.
We support apprenticeship funded training in two ways - New Talent and Upskilling:
- New Talent apprenticeships are entry level apprenticeships for those just starting out in their chosen career. Programmes are available in a diverse range of professions and skill areas here at the council, from energy technician to business administration apprenticeships. Find out more about New Talent apprenticeships
- Existing employees can develop their professional or management skills with Upskilling apprenticeships. These are nationally recognised work based programmes and lead to accredited professional qualifications. Find out more about Upskilling apprenticeships
Coaching support is available to all employees. It's a great way of helping you to reach personal development goals, develop new skills, overcome issues or take on new challenges. Read our guide on the benefits of coaching to find out more and how to get in touch with a coach.